Sunny North Carolina in October 2010

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Say "Cheese"

As I sit down to type this, I start to think about all of the things that are important to people in weddings. I replay conversations had about what previous brides, and good friends, were willing to spend money on, and what mattered to them for their "Big Day."

Roommate: "I wanted to spend good money on beautiful flowers." 

And they were some of the most beautiful wedding flowers. Ever. 

Best Friend: "Say YES to THE Dress."

Folks, when this woman walks down the isle, you will be stunned by this dress (and the beauty wearing it).

Cari Lynne wanted good food. 
Amanda wants elegance and chic antique. 

Josh and Lissa wanted to entertain their guests in a beautiful way. (And it was one of the best weddings I've ever been to...) 

And the list could go on.
Best friend would also admit that she does not take photography lightly. In fact, many of these folks care very much about documenting life through photos. Which brings me to my post for the evening...

We are moments away from booking a stellar photographer. (I say moments, because we would have booked her today, except she was out of the office) I want you to fall in LOVE with her, like I have done. 


Alida is a Millikin alum, and now works at Richland with my fiance. (love that.) She is fun. Has a great eye. And she and her husband have a very warm presence. I would be friends with the woman if she would let me. :) "Like" her on facebook if you get a chance: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Alida-Duff-Sullivan-Photography/60626298647

I love artsy candid pictures. Anything that has great lighting and a good angle will win over my heart any day. When trying to decide between packages, and what we really wanted to spend money on, AHB looks at me and says, "Are you going to be happy with this? Are you sure you will be able to get all of your "shoe pictures" that you want??"  What a great man. So, we decided to pay a little more (who needs to eat for the next 7 months anyhow??) so we could have a few more "artsy shoe pictures." In the end, I know I'll love them.

In other news: We've been engaged two weeks today. Now, I don't plan to count the days like this forever (or for much longer), but it has been quite the two weeks. 7 months to go, and I think we'll be done with the main details by next week. Hopefully.

"Alex," I ask, "anything you want to add to the blog?"

"Yes, No comment."

And, no comment it is. :o) 

mmp

2 comments:

  1. I think you are making a great photographer choice- and Alex's comment about your shoe pics is reason #1005 why he's so great for you!

    ReplyDelete