Sunny North Carolina in October 2010

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Dishes

I have never been a huge fan of doing the dishes. It's maybe my least favorite chore. Maybe.
I am transported back to the horrible "tub of dishes" in my parents house. Particles of food in the bottom. Slimy. Gross. Ugh. There always seemed to be dishes in the sink when we were growing up...And I am not connecting this to bad housekeeping on my parent's behalf. No. I actually blame this on the fact that my sisters and I liked to use a new glass every time we got a drink of something. Pawsey women, back me up on this. Mom told us to re-use our glass. Nope. Hense, pile of dishes.

But, I digress...


Dishes. AHB first swept me off my feet (and there have been many times since then) with the simple act of getting up and doing my dishes. And, I melted a little. (But at the time, I really couldn't tell him that.)

And it makes me laugh to think of how my 28 year old self views romance and love. AHB doing the dishes after we cook a meal together is pure romance in my life. Who needs roses? And I am thankful for these pieces: The fact that I might be a hott-mess-of-a-house-keeper, but my fiance is as tidy as can be. I hate dishes, but typically as I sit after dinner on the couch, I hear him starting them in the kitchen.  I can make a mean dinner out of random pantry items. I do the shopping-and he helps me unpack when I get back to his apartment. 

It's a really good start. 


"Why are you still tweeting?" He hollers from the front room...

"I'm not tweeting babe..."


Well, it's something. :o) 


mmp



3 comments:

  1. I did hate doing the dishes...most of all because of the cat food issue!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ewww... dishes were NASTY at our house. I think it was the gross particles in the bottom of the tube too. --

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly, this entire blog is absolutely wonderful! I hear your voice. It's really lovely!

    Okay, that aside, you two fit! I knew it all along. But I did not know you were an acts of service person. It's a good thing Alex figured it out. :-)

    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete