Sunny North Carolina in October 2010

Friday, April 15, 2011

Meet the Parents

When AHB and I started to talk about the "long term" we asked what still needed to happen before we decided to get engaged. It was important to us that our families be "on board" and supportive of our relationship, and with each other. I didn't want his family to think we were moving too fast...and I didn't want my family to feel like they didn't know him because they were 7 hours away.  So, we've really tried to take the time with each other to love the quirks our families have to offer. 


So, it brings me to this post. Meet the Parents. My parents are in the car as I type, headed to sweet D-town. We are embarking on the Meet The Parents Weekend. This will be the first time our parents will meet each other, and I couldn't be more excited. However, there is a lot that could happen. A younger Molly would have been nervous about this, but 28 year old Molly doesn't care. She doesn't care if her father wears his star spangled banner shirt (well that is a lie. she requested that her mother hide it....which mother agreed to.) , she doesn't care if embarrassing pictures are brought(because my sisters did an adequate job showing those the first time AHB came to Clyde), she doesn't care about most hypothetical situations - or the "what ifs". It will just be good for them to meet in person. 


However. The sisters. They have not been unleashed on the Berry household. This weekend is not the weekend the sisters meet anyone. My sisters are a force to be reckoned with. And, I adore them for it. This might not even happen until the wedding in November...which is really too bad. Everyone should get the chance to interact with these women. :) 


Agenda for this weekend: * Catering tasting

* Picking out paint for our new apartment

* Showing people the Masonic temple in person. If it is open. 
* Fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment