Sunny North Carolina in October 2010

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

One tired puppy

Not me.

Not AHB.

Although, we are too...

Nope, Olive the Pomeranian is dead to the world. After another long night of painting, our new apartment is almost finished. If you saw the way she was laying, you would think she did all of the painting, instead of just chewing on a bone, and exploring the other open empty apartments.

Reasons I love AHB (new ones):

1.) He is an attention to detail person. Including cleaning the brushed throurally at the end of each paint session. EXCEPT when he is REALLY tired, then he looks at me and says: "We aren't going to actually NEED the rollers anymore. If we do I'll just buy a new one. It's like $2. (Honey, we have to save for the wedding) It's $2! I'll just get a new one. (What about the trays we borrowed from the Lidy's?) I'll buy them a new one. Seriously, it's like $3. Let's go."

2.) He is a scavenger. And not ashamed of finding a good deal. If I haven't mentioned, we are moving into a tiny 12 unit apartment complex that previously held a fraternity at MU. They are relocating, and we are moving in. And it happened pretty quickly, which means a lot of things were disgarded and left behind. As some of us were painting, I head AHB say, "Hey babe, there is a real nice _____ up in the apartment upstairs. What do you think?" Thank you DSP for the lovely small donations to our new apartment.

3.) He is willing to move without me here to help. And he hasn't complained about it...at least not to me. But, I am sure I will owe him for a while. Looks like I'll be making liver for dinner once we are really settled.

Speaking of dinner. I had to smile last night as we ate our first dinner, just the two of us, in the apartment last night mid-paint. Pizza and Diet Coke. No plates. Christmas tree paper cups my boss brought over for us. Standing with paint on our hands, and scarfing down something before we moved onto the new room. When I called for delivery I didn't even know the exact address. "Uh...it's across from the church on Main St... I'll just stand out on the street and flag you down." - we were real hungry.

In other news: We have a date for engagement pictures. We tasted a sample cake last weekend from Betty and her daughter Angie. (It was more than a sample, as it really was 1/4 sheet cake, and fed all our Puppy Birthday guests.) We are nailing down a few more things. Yay.

AHB, what would you like to add tonight:

"That's the best .... apartment I've ever seen."
I can't say that on our blog. Our parents read our blog.
*Shrug*


mmp

No comments:

Post a Comment