Sunny North Carolina in October 2010

Monday, May 23, 2011

It takes a village...

It took a village tonight to help us prep and start to paint our new apartment. What an insane week. And special "thanks" to our village of people who came over to join the painting party. Aaron, Ellen, Allison, Ralph, Paul, Sarah, and Dathan. Seriously. It was so many people (plus two dogs) in such a small living room! Living room painted and waiting a few touch ups. Kitchen nearly all painted, and needing some more paint. Tomorrow we are taking on the 2nd bed room, hopefully finishing the front room, and (if we get the other gallon in time) kitchen.

T-minus 4 days to moving day for AHB. Thank GOD for his family who will help, and Kayla. LIFE SAVER. Kayla, make sure he takes you out to dinner...since I won't be here. ;o)

And, 4 days until I take Bennett home for the final trip from IL.
Things I have learned from Bennett:

1.) He expects time in the morning to hold and cuddle him. If you don't give him time, he will take it anyhow...or be a bother until you take the time to hold him.
2.) The world is best viewed from Hessler Hall Windows. No wonder he lays in the window all day.
3.) If you throw your body hard enough against the closet door, it will open for you. Although, not a practice I try often...it is good to remember in difficult situations.
4.) If you play coy, people will eventually cave and come to you. It happens with him EVERY TIME.

More to come.

mmp

2 comments:

  1. i can't wait for cuddle time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Ben I said thanks for the life lessons. I just tried life lesson #3 and although I bruised my shoulder, it totally worked. AND, I'm so glad Dathan was able to help you paint! Good luck with the rest of the apt!!

    ReplyDelete