Sunny North Carolina in October 2010

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

All things Royal

Can you imagine what it would be like to have every media source following your every wedding move?

I was one of many who got caught up in the Royal Wedding Buzz. And I loved it. It was something fairytale like, a little bit romantic, a little bit impossible. And even though I would never want that kind of attention, I couldn't help but watch their every move (and get up at 2:45am CST to watch it all unfold). AHB refused to come over to watch it, by the way. Surprising to anyone?

Pictures are posted below of our Royal Wedding festivities.

Our wedding will be far from royal. However, I might just start referring to us as the Duke and Duchess of Decatur. Or possibly the Baron and Baroness of Millikin West Apartments. I like the idea of being a baroness...

But, since last night's 2nd marriage counseling session, I have been thinking about our relationship and how "public" we are with how we spend our time together. When we got engaged, many many students who I see on a daily basis (and even some of my college friends)said, "I had no idea you were dating someone!"

This is purposeful. I don't like to talk about relationships, especially mine! :) It is one of the few things that can remain something that is completely mine (ours). I mean, it's not that I don't want people to share in our happiness - I mean, we are having a wedding with upwards of 250 guests - but I feel so "Public" with everything else in my life (due mainly to my job) that having a quite and personal relationship is a sanctuary of sorts. And it was brought up in our marriage counseling last night the idea of how we spend our time.

I couldn't be more thankful for our quiet life.

When counseling was over I looked at AHB and asked:

"Are you concerned about anything?" - referencing anything that was brought up in our conversations.

"Yes. Sometimes I worry that my left hip doesn't pop as easily as my right hip."

"Really. That is your concern."

"It's concerning to me."

love. this. man.
mmp



No comments:

Post a Comment