Sunny North Carolina in October 2010

Monday, May 16, 2011

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go...

I wish this was the case. I wish I could just blink my eyes and all my apartment things will be packed and ready for the new place. But, sadly, boxes do not pack themselves....boxes REALLY don't pack themselves when you don't have boxes to pack.

So, we found out that AHB has to be out of his current apartment about a month sooner than planned. We planned for June 30...nope...hello moving day May 31.

The next few weeks are going to be busy for us. Prepping an apartment. Packing up another one. And starting the (very) nostalgic process of putting away the items and things of meaning that have been on my Hessler Walls since the day I moved in 4 years ago. It feels like I am packing up and pulling away from Bluffton College all over again. 4 of the greatest years of my life, packed up, put into a van, and ready for the next steps.

And so, I will pack up every little item in my teeny little Hessler space, and remember every late night conversation, every cake baked in that oven, every person who came downstairs for Bennett the cat's love...and who got more, every craft night, every student, every noise, every fire alarm...and I will put them into boxes, and move them to the next phase. A really good phase.

The next step? A new start. With a husband and two dogs. One territorial Shih tzu and an over energetic Pomeranian. Where is beloved Bennett in this mix? With Tia Anna, who will love him and care for him in a house that isn't allergic to his dander.

Until then, we wiggle our noses and wish the boxes would pack themselves.

mmp

No comments:

Post a Comment