Sunny North Carolina in October 2010

Sunday, June 5, 2011

The significance of 5

Well, it should say something that I just stepped over roughly 5 boxes to make my way to the computer to blog. These boxes are the LAST 5 boxes of things from my apartment in Hessler. (Which we hauled over today) Woo hoo for being completely out of the apartment I grew up in. And, into the apartment I will grow into.

Today is the 5th of June. A year ago today AHB took me to dinner for the first time. For many of you, this might be considered the "first date". Well, no. Not for AHB. Dinner on the 5th was just a "payment" for photos I took of the pups. But, the 5th is significant to me. It was the night I went home and thought, "I hope he asks me to dinner again." And he did.

5 months from TODAY we walk down the isle as husband and wife. Today we beat the odds at the weather (which was very very stormy at 8am) and we took engagement photos around town (at 5pm) with our fantastic photographer. We actually had fun. Once we got over the whole touch each other and gaze into each other's eyes.

"Pretend that you like me."

"I do. Most of the time."

Smile! Now kiss. Haha.

2 hours later we were taking our last few shots on the lawn of our reception site. It was exciting to think of us walking into that building together in a few more months.

And now I am tired. I think he would "ditto" that statement. Thank goodness we hung up some things this weekend already in the apartment. I don't feel the pressure to do more tonight...although maybe a few things in the bedroom. I need to still unpack clothing, and about 100 other things.

OH...things I learned from Bennett...
1.) Even when you wash the duvet cover of your duvet...because your cat loved to sleep there, and your fiance is allergic....the dander is most likely still there. And we learned that the difficult way as AHB had to take an allergy pill in our cat-free home last night. So, I don't know what to do about that. hmm.

Who wants to wash again? Not me. I mean, it is JUST the guest room. Not our bed. AND without a free washer down stairs, I am less motivated for sure. ;o)

mmp

No comments:

Post a Comment