Sunny North Carolina in October 2010

Monday, June 13, 2011

Club Wed

Well, we registered the other day. Now, I have heard many things regarding couples as they register: They fight. They seriously disagree. They hate it.

Well, I didn't want to hate it. And I didn't want him to hate it. So, I was crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. But, I need to be honest. We don't need a lot. I know, I know. This is the cardinal sin for couples when they register. I have absolutely been to weddings where there was absolutely not enough on the registry by the time the showers were over. I fear this will be us - but seriously folks. I'm 28. I have everything I needed. AHB also has everything he needed. So, when we combined two "everything we needed apartments" into something a little "tight" - we are left with limited space.

So, I am putting it out there. We don't have a huge registry. We even registered for more than I thought we would.

AHB: "We don't need anything! Where will we put it!?"

And. honestly, I am not sure. We are living in piles already. And, yes, we broke down and registered for "new things" just to have nice new things. (And I think this killed AHB a bit. He was kind of against it...) But we did it...but even my mom asked, "Why did you only register for 4 plates??"
(in her defense, and ours, we registered for a set - and added 4 extra plates...not JUST 4 plates.)

So, the registry is "live" - although I think the bedding is wrong, now that I go back and look at it. So we need to go fix it - and it won't let me do that on-line. (So much for being super handy.)

I am really in love with everything on the registry. And I actually think we do legitimately need/want everything. (Well, you will notice the plethora of cleaning supplies and candles...guess who was SUPER excited about getting cleaning supplies??? Like mother like son...)

I just asked AHB about what his favorite thing on the registry is: "The dog treats."

I just asked Apple and Olive about their favorite things: "The bedding." (They want us to have good bedding too...)

We also knocked out a list of things this weekend including looking at tuxes, ordering stamps, and even talking with our invitation woman. Woo hoo! Only a few more big pieces to make it all work together.

Did I mention that we are planning to honeymoon in Savannah!? Neither of us have been there, and I am real excited about the possibilities of southern history and a bit of a romantic feel.

One member of the "family" who has gone unmentioned thus far is Uncle Albert Chickenwings. He is the frog we inherited. Looks like he will be a permanent member of this apartment. He got some new digs this weekend. Promise to upload a picture real soon.

If you want to check out the registry go to www.target.com (Search for AHB or I)

mmp

No comments:

Post a Comment