Sunny North Carolina in October 2010

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

137

days until we tye the knot. It's hard to believe that number will soon be 2 digits, instead of 3. So few digits, so much to do! :)

So, I went to this drive-in women's conference for work the other day. It was a really nice day of sessions geared towards women working in higher education. I was sitting next to this woman at lunch who talked about her husband and how they have only been married a year. She said they had to get married quicly because she was graduating from graduate school, and they didn't think she would have a chunk of time off she would be able to take for the wedding. So, anyhow, they eloped and got married at the court house on Friday, moved to her new location on Saturday, and started work on Monday. Wow. Busy weekend. Although this is not our plan of attack for the wedding, I am 100% supportive of "doing what you want" for your wedding. But then she went into the fact that her husband dosn't really get what she does, and doesn't understand her hours she puts in at work. They dated for 4 years before they got married, and he never once thought to ask about what she wanted, or what that meant for them. And she never thought to tell him. Never once thought of the non-traditional route she was choosing, and what that would look like for "them."

And as I listened to this woman (whine) for the remainder of the lunch, I was once again reminded of the man I am marrying. A man who not only supports what I do for a living, but "gets" it. He didn't complain that I worked all weekend, and saw him for a few hours on Saturday and Sunday. When I left my phone accidently on the kitchen counter last night when I went to a meeting, he was semi-excited to be able to answer an "emergency" call and make some decisions. I'm lucky. I'm so lucky.

Have some meetings this week for the wedding. Looking forward to finishing up some things, and sending out the STD by the end of June!

In other news: I think I am missing some clothing! I can't find some of my dresses since the move. Maybe they are still in the Hessler dryer...ugh.

Just gave AHB a kiss before he headed to work. Annnnd I'm still in work out clothing looking a bit of a mess. Should start the morning process... Hello Tuesday.

mmp

No comments:

Post a Comment