Sunny North Carolina in October 2010

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Glamor Shots of Apple and Olive: Take 563. Action.

I don't know what I was thinking.

When I mentioned to AHB that I thought it would be fun to incorporate our (his) lovely pups into the wedding in this highly fun and creative way, he should have scoffed. And knowing him, he might have. I don't honestly remember.

I remember when I mentioned it he game me the "eye-brows-raised-nodding-of-the-head" approval mark - so we were a "Go!"

Fast forward to two weeks before we get married (!!!) and we are outside on a lovely fall days trying to capture a decent picture to use at this wedding of ours and I am having serious doubts. Not about us getting married. More about this glamor shots idea. But, it is far too late to change my mind. So there we were. Kneeling on rocks. (Ouch) Well, me kneeling, him sitting. (Did I mention he threw his back out this week??) Trying to get not one, but two puppies to look at the camera at the same time.

Or, at least in the direction of the camera for .2 seconds just to I can snap it and be done. This process lasted a very long time. Or, at least it seemed that way. And then when we got about 3/4 of the way finished - my camera (Which I did not charge) died. Dead.

I look at him. He looks at me. I look at the dogs, (that have at least sat down because of pure exhaustion) and I want to throw something. Not a dog. Not my camera. Not AHB. But, maybe anything else I can get my hands on.

My sister, who works at a pre-school, has taught AHB and I a very important phrase that we now have incorporated into our vernacular: "Go rest your body." At the pre- school she works at, the teachers can not tell the students to take a "Time Out" because they were being naughty. They have to go "Rest their Body" and make better choices with their actions. Hilarious. So, AHB has told me to go "Rest my Body" a few different times this week. I think he even mumbled it under his breath as we were walking into the house (he walking/hobbling, me stomping) with the dogs in tow. We needed to charge my camera to finish the "Shoot" and be done. I mean, to put it in perspective for you, I had dirt and rock dust all over my pants from kneeling/sitting/moving on the ground. When my clean-freak fiance tried to be cute and dust off my pants (Because he was either trying to help, or trying to cause less mess on our furniture) I glared and told him "Don't touch me." Something you will never hear me utter on a normal basis - "Ms. I-love-to-be-touched."

Looking back on this, I know we had a good ending. I mean, the camera charged. We finished the photos, and we moved a long our merry way. I tell you this story because when you come to the wedding, I want you to get a kick out of these photos. I want you to appreciate the pain and time spent on these - and have a drink for us. :) I think you will laugh. We did as we went back through them. But, good God, the next time I get an idea like this - someone stop me.

:) mmp

2 comments:

  1. You know you can't be stopped...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNEW YOU WOULD INCORPORATE THE DOGS! love it, cant wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete