Sunny North Carolina in October 2010

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Olive: 1 Molly: 0

Have I mentioned that I gave my cat away for the love of my life?

I think I have.

When we get home we do a "sweep" of the kitchen to see if we had any accidents while we were at work. We keep the puppies in the kitchen with all the other doors shut while we are gone. If they have an "accident" it is in easy clean up territory. I am happy to say we haven't had an accident in weeks. They have really adjusted well to the new place!
AHB got in the house before I did, and when I entered I asked, "any accidents?"

"Nope! But...you aren't going to be happy..."

"What. Did they tear the stuffing out of the puppy bed again?"

"Nope..."

My lovely Bennett lives in Ohio now with "Tia-Nana" until "Tia-Anna" can take him to Pittsburg. Well, there are a lot of things Bennett would do. Lay around all day. Binge eat. Try to escape the apartment. He even peed on an occasional coat (Dan Stuby still gets a little bitter about this one...). But one thing my Bennett never did was this:

Or this:

However, this little dog does do these things. Especially when I am not home, and the door to the shoe room/computer room/"cat room" (as AHB calls it) is not shut tightly. Even if I could ignore the teeth marks, and the CHUNK missing from the middle plate, I can not wear shoe #2 as the thong section has been completely severed from the base...

Guilty. As. Sin.

Olive Berry has a facination for my shoes. I have lost 2 pair of flip flops, and my favorite red shoes have teeth marks in them, not to mention my casual tennis shoes. And now, my blessed silver thong things (that I wore everywhere) are in the trash can.

I am not sure why Olive prefers to chew on my things over AHBs. I am not sure why I traded my Bennett for Olive Berry. I do love her. She sleeps on my head at night. She has a lot of energy. And she knows how to "sit and shake". But she doesn't know how to keep her teeth away from my shoes. Shoes that were seemingly safe in the other room while I was at work all day. These dogs possess magic.

Well, she did get a stern "talking to" from Dad.

And then ignored him:

And we asked the "big sister" why she didn't stop Olive from doing the bad things to my shoes.

Well, she didn't care. I think she was napping...

I am still adjusting.

And I am now searching Payless.com for a lovely pair of silver thongs...

mmp

3 comments:

  1. My feet are too big to wear shoes from Target...however, that is a GREAT idea! :)

    ReplyDelete