Sunny North Carolina in October 2010

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Winterizing Fool

It seems impossible that it is December. It seems impossible we have been married a month (almost). It seems impossible I haven't blogged since November 12th....ha. This has been my first full work week since before we got married. Wedding, Honeymoon, Conference, Thanksgiving...what a busy month.

Some funny things:
There are few things I wouldn't do.
I have always been pretty bull-headed about doing things myself. "No, I don't need your help, I can carry this all by myself." "No, I don't need help moving this ______, I can do it." And the list goes on.
A certain husband would joke that on the list of "Things Molly Wouldn't Do" would be cleaning. Well, that is not true. In my defense actually, I enjoy cleaning - I am just not as detailed as a certain OCD AHB.

However, as I get older I have noticed that I am turning into my mother on a certain items related to going outside of the house when it is cold and dark. This is particularly difficult from November to March, when it is dark by 5pm. There is no place I would rather be than curled up on the couch with a blanket and two dogs. We had to go out pretty last last night and drive to Springfield (picking up a Christmas gift from an elf), and I was having an internal protest. I bundled, I wrapped my scarf around my head to create a "Babushka" head warmer...AHB looked at me when we got outside and said, "It isn't even that cold out."

It was just the pure thought of it. Ugh.

Another thing I wouldn't do without being prompted is winterizing.

AHB beat me home from work the other night and was already in the house when I got home. I was unpacking my things when he got a roll of packaging tape, and put his coat on.

Me: "What are you doing?"
AHB: "None of your concern."
Me: "Why are you going outside with tape?"
AHB: "Winterizing."

(Now, last year I helped the man winterize EVERY windown in his old apartment...and there were MANY. It took a long time. But, it helped tremendously. This year, however, we live in an apartment where we don't pay for utilities. So, if we have the heat a bit higher...it isn't harming us.)

Me: "Ugh. Why. Let me help you." (Imagining the role of celephane from last year.)
AHB: "Mind your own business."
Me: "I'll come out and help...but why are we going outside..."

AHB proceeded to shut the door on me. :) So, I watched as my husband went outside and secured the Air Conditioner covers he purchased along our apartment window AC units with packaging tape. What a good man.

I am thankful for a winterizing husband who doesn't need help when it is dark and cold. :)

I am also thankful I married a man who enjoys Christmas music. We have been listening to it on and off in the car together, and he hasn't complained yet.

Here are some pictures of our lovely apartment! Happy Holidays!

Oh, and here are a few when we drove down to get Fergie in Chatanooga. Ignore AHB, he didn't want his picture taken with the things on his head. He really was paying attention to the road. ;o)

mmb

1 comment: